THE CALL OF ABRAM
Genesis 12: 1-19
the Lord said to Abram, Go forth from your country and your kindred
and your sundry assortment of animals to the land that I will show
3. But the Lord persisted, and Abram said, Where is this land then?
the Lord remained silent.
6. I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you.
7. And Abram was puzzled, for he knew not what the Almighty was on about, as he continued,
Blessed are those who bless you, and cursed are those who curse you.
10. And behold, she was grievously vexed, not knowing where they were going, or what the shopping would be like, or even the hairdressers.
she remained obedient to her husband even in perplexity.
14. So much for travelling light, Said Abram, who was seventy-five years old that year, and a little old for this sort of thing.
15. Many persons from Haran came with them, and Sarai inquired of Abram who they were.
have acquired them, he replied, winking at the younger members of
18. From there they traveled about a bit until they reached the hilly bit to the east of Bethel. And Abram liked it there.
19. He built an altar to the Lord, for it was time for mass, and said to the people, Letís stay here for a bit.
|Return to Bible Index|