the Apostles 1: 4-12.
4. And lo, He saith unto them, Stay put in the city, something not
altogether insignificant is about to happen.
5. And behold, He seemed thereafter to change his mind and led them
out of the city, unto Bethany, which is an high place indeed.
6. And the disciples did nod and wink at one another exceedingly,
for they knew that strange and holy things alway happened unto them
in high places.
7. For, indeed, these were places of exegesis, and deep in
8. And verily, no sooner had they got there, He raisest up his arms,
and lo, he was gone.
9. And there was no whoosh. Nay, not even a flash of light.
two men in white robes suddenly appeared unto them and saith:
standeth thee here? The show is over. Depart in peace."
12. And lo, they returned to the city and diligently went
straightforward unto church thinking, What an odd Thursday.
Shame there weren't more people there.