THE SENDING OUT OF THE SEVENTY
Luke 10: 1-8.
1. The Lord appointed another seventy also, and sent them two and two before his face into every city and place wither he himself would come.
2. Therefore said he unto them, "The harvest truly is great but the labourers are few. Therefore, go ye before me and hand out flyers and put up posters.
3. "Take it upon thy-selves to book the venues and take heed that there shall be provided, for those who hear my words, a cash bar and a light buffet after the show.
4. "Go your ways; behold, I send you forth as lambs among wolves. Carry neither purse or handbag but put your Visa card in the back pocket of your jeans just in case.
5. "Salute no man by the way; after all, you're not in the Salvation Army!
6. "And into whatsoever house ye enter, first say, Peace be to this house and if the son of peace be there, your peace shall rest upon it:
7. "If not, go ye and beat them until they see the error of their ways. (This shall later become known affectionately as Muscular Christianity.)
8. "In the same house remain, eating and drinking such things as they give; for the labourer is worthy of his hire but be willing to leave that place at all speed, should they tumble to the fact that you are on the bludge."
|Return to Bible Index|