THE SEVENTH VISION OF ZECHARIAH
Zechariah 7: 1-8.
1. And in the fourth year of King Darius, Lo! The angel cometh unto me, saying, Take a look at this! It's t'rrific!
2. And I said, And what do you call that? For I was grievously puzzled.
3. And sayeth he unto me knowingly in hushed tones, Why, don't you know? It is a bushel moving forward.
4. And I was even more sorely perplexed, thinking that a bushel was a measure of dry grain, and not prone to moving about.
5. Then whispereth the angel, It is national naughtiness. Take a peep!
6. And behold, I beheld, and saw inside the bushel sat a woman, and she was exceeding naughty to my eyes, and I wiped my forehead.
7. Then the angel sealed up the bushel with a handy piece of metal, and two women with storks' wings came and removed it to Babylon.
8. And truly, I went to lie down for a bit.
|Return to Bible Index|